Monday, May 9, 2011

LA for the day..

Yes you read it right. I had the opportunity to go to LA for the day with my step-mom and siblings on April 28th. The weather was absolutely beautiful out while back here at home was raining all day long. Our flight down  was pretty good. We were all the way in the back of the plane and the last to board. We got our rental car and immediately headed to Santa Monica. It was nice and no clouds in sight at all. We ended up eating there and decided to head back to the car to go to Venice Beach. Venice Beach was absolutely random. A lot of medical marijuana places. Many people in little clothes and street performers. However the beach was warm and amazing to sit in the sun. The downside, I got burnt pretty bad. I am tan in random areas. Daniel and Madeline had a great time playing in the water and some what making sand castles. By the time we were done with the beach, it was 4:30 and we were hungry. We decided to head back to Santa Monica onto the pier to eat. We chose Bubba Gumps and it was packed. I felt like we were sardines in a tin can. However my fish and chips tasted great. Daniel and Madeline were pretty behaved for being without my dad and Melissa got to eat a meal, lol. We didn't catch our plane until 9:00pm that night. We were so tired on the way home that Daniel fell asleep before we even took off. It was a great trip but I won't be doing any of that again while being prego. I felt like crap for a few days after than and being burnt was no fun. It was still a great trip.



Madeline and Daniel when we first got into the rental car
 Melissa, Daniel, and Madeline on Venice Beach

Daniel enjoying the warm sand

The view I had sitting on the beach

Madeline with her fit in "Forest Gumps shoe" and Daniel not caring


No comments:

Post a Comment