Thursday, May 5, 2011

Congrats to my brother in the mix of this..

Well towards the end of March the whole family finds out that my brother finally proposes to his girlfriend Vanessa of almost 3 years. And like I tell everyone else, I knew she was the one. You see my brother is a serious long term dater. He's had 2 long term girlfriends since the end of HS and college before Vanessa that I have had the pleasure of meeting. There was a crazy rebound girl that he brought around after the 2nd one but I wasn't here and my family questioned what the hell was he doing with her. With both of those girlfriends, I always said it was never going to last. The first one was a little too tree hugging and they dated in high school into their first semester of college. I wasn't surprised when that didn't last. Then came along the 2nd girl. Her family had money, which is fine, but she kind of flaunted it. She never wanted to be around our family and never said too much around us. Like the girl before, she didn't last. When my brother started dating Vanessa, I was in Texas but I had heard of her from my dad. By the time I moved up here for the hubby's deployment, I met here a couple times but never chit chatted with her much. She was nice, could handle the family, and was never stuck up. Fast forward to this year. My dad, aunt, uncle, grandpa, and myself went to my brother's place to see it and just to visit in March. I already knew I was prego but was not spilling the beans. My uncle had asked my brother when he was going to "pop the question" and he just shrugged it off. When in all actuality he had already bought the ring and was just waiting for the right moment. Just a few weeks later they got engaged. I am truly happy for him. We have a love/hate relationship which is fine. Maybe with him getting married and us having a kid will change that.
^^My brother and Vanessa^^

Well the real kicker to all of this is when he's getting married. They chose October 22 of this year. I will be 37 weeks pregnant. HOLY BEANS!!! I'm nervous for being huge and everyone staring or let alone dealing with my mom whom I haven't seen for almost 4 years. This is part of the reason I waited to tell. I am not an ass even though I can be, and I wanted her to enjoy the spot light. She is the only child marrying someone who has 3 siblings. I hope she understands when I tell them. I guess there is always a reason for things.

No comments:

Post a Comment